Biofuels, Fuels and Oils
Biofuels, fuels and oils must meet a number of parameters required by law.
CEMITEC can characterise fuels, diesel, biodiesel and other biofuels:
- Characterization of oils, fats and grease
- Characterisation of glycerine
- Waste energy characterisation
- Project development in the following areas:
- Extraction and refining of oil and grease
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous transesterification
- Adequacy of biofuels to regulations/legislation
- Biofuel material compatibility studies
- Biofuel stability studies
CEMITEC is a pioneering technology centre for biofuels, fuels and oils. It is a member of the Subcommittee 3. “Fuels” of the Standardisation Technical Committee for 51 “Oil Products” of AENOR, and is recognised as a reference laboratory for biodiesel and diesel by the European Commission Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM) and was the first laboratory accredited by ENAC for the analysis of biodiesel.