Thermal Management: Heat and Cold
In products and processes where temperature is a key factor, proper thermal management should be performed in each case.
The thermal management strategy aims to advance the development of increasingly efficient products to increase both performance and useful life.
CEMITEC develops R&D projects to optimise and improve thermal management in products and industrial processes. It offers companies their experience and knowledge in this field, as well as constant progress in incorporating cutting-edge technologies to address the current challenges facing the industry in general. Thus, it has provided solutions related to the following:
- Design and development of advanced heat transfer devices (one and two phases)
- Design and development of latent thermal energy storage systems
- Development of nanofluids
- Modelling and simulation
- Development of surface coatings and treatments to improve the thermal capacity of heat exchange systems
- Sensor technology and information management
Within its mechanics area, CEMITEC has a team of technological experts in thermal management as well as the most advanced computer simulation tools, such as experimental performance and characterisation benches. It has extensive experience in the thermal management of different products and processes in various sectors, such as:
- Design and development of advanced heat transport devices based on phase change fluids
- Design lay-out with compliance of thermal specifications
- Design and development of temperature control components with PCM composite materials
- Industrial heat and cold:
- Development of thermal accumulation systems based on PCMs, metal structures with PCMs
- Nanofluid refrigerants that increase capacity and thermal conductivity
- Design and development of test benches
- Simulation of structural-thermal-fluid systems
- Solar thermal: Development and characterisation of thermal and/or solar carrier fluids (nanofluids)
- Development of thermal storage systems based on PCMs
- Optical functionalisation of surfaces: Nano-textured selective surfaces (solar absorbers and reflectors)
- Energy recovery systems using Peltier technology, heat exchange systems with thermal storage capacity.